High-Pressure (HP) SODIUM Illumination Controllers
Mechanically durable and rugged, High Pressure Sodium lamps provide the highest luminous efficacy of all practical light sources. Paired with a MERCRON lamp controller, Sodium lamps are as steady as sunshine.
Click on respective tabs of interest…
High-pressure SODIUM Considerations
The HP Sodium light-source is a high-intensity discharge (H.I.D.) lamp, made desirable for Machine Vision applications by MERCRON since it –
- Most powerful of all practical light sources, vying with LEDs for brightness
- Very rugged with long service life, vying with LEDs for longevity
- Retains its spectral output over a wide-range of power levels. This fixed spectral output is particularly useful to those systems concerned with light and dark contrast apps.
- Its spectral output complements the silicon’s sensitivity in those more demanding applications
- Available in a variety of glass envelopes with 2 base-types for some: mogul and double-ended. Oftentimes, the latter allows for easier positioning.
- Readily usable in compact installations
Our Solutions to "Otherwise Problems":
- Sodium's tendency toward thermal runaway is curtailed by MERCRON's Regulation feature
- Likewise, MERCIAN curbs Sodium's strong thermal hysteresis
- MERCRON's Regulation feature allows lamp to be idled indefinitely without damage to the lamps when MERCRON-regulated, especially significant when idling at low output is desirable.
- Can be idled all the way down up to full throttle, i.e. at any power level
- MERCRON's wide-range Variability feature allows a 400W lamp to be driven as low as 300W - or - as high up to 570W, adding unparalleled flexibility to the system's design
Ripple-Free Light * Maximized Lamp Life * Adjustable Output * Up to 140% More Power
MERCRON-regulated SODIUM Lamps: Before & AFTER
Any light-sources has its pros and cons.
The most appropriate lamp is determined by several factors:
- color of target
- background color
- color sensitivity of both the detector and the camera
- color temperature of the lamp itself
Regardless, MERCRON allows the System Designer to capitalize upon its positives, and goes a long way to eliminate its negatives.
- Most concentrated light-source
- Most powerful of all light-sources
- Emits more light in same amount of space
- Spectral output matches demanding applications
- Retains spectral output over wide-range power levels
- Very rugged, very long service life
- Operable in any position
- Tendency toward thermal runaway
- Has strong thermal hysteresis
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for particulars, of for any Vision concern.
High-Pressure (HP) SODIUM Light Controllers
Y-models - which include onboard power factor correctors - are generally required when multiple lamp ballasts are used in a single installation, or for operation in Europe. Their model number’s prefix will be SY.
When ordering, be sure to specify correct version: 120 VAC or 230 VAC. MERCRON will confirm the prefix of the correct model number.
SODIUM Lamp-Controllers' Dimensions
(241 X 130 X 67 mm)
(279 X 130 X 67 mm)
(1.8 - 2.3 kg)